Pre-conference Master Classes available
When: Tuesday, 9 November 2021
In-person at The Hilton Niagara Falls Hotel
Time: 9:00AM to 4:00PM
Registration fee: In-person: $100 USD*
*Delegates that register to attend the in-person conference will get a discount rate of 30% to attend the pre-conference event
About the Master class on Ageism:
This highly interactive, hands-on master class will equip you with a set of evidence-based tools to tackle ageism, which will enable you to become a change agent in your context. Drawing from latest evidence included in the UN Global report on ageism, this master class will provide an overview of effective interventions to tackle ageism and case studies to illustrate how these interventions can be translated into action. Inspired by these examples, participants will formulate responses specific to their context.
The workshop is designed for those working in government, civil society organizations, academia, media, employers, and practitioners who may not have had experience working on the issue but who want to do something about it.
Participants will also have the chance to hear from, and network with, experts in this area and other activists who are aiming to shift negative perceptions about ageing.
Master class outcomes:
- Learn about the latest global evidence on ageism
- Gain knowledge and skills to develop evidence-based interventions to tackle ageism
- Develop a plan to implement one or more interventions to tackle ageism in your context
- Connect with peers to build the international network that is needed to drive impact in tackling ageism at scale
Master class led by:
– Dr Vânia de la Fuente-Núñez
Technical Officer, Demographic Change and Healthy Ageing Unit, World Health Organization