Are you an enthusiastic, committed individual with a keen interest in population ageing and what impacts the lives of older people? Apply to be an IFA 15th Global Conference on Ageing volunteer!
Volunteers must be able to commit to a minimum of two 5 hour shifts during the conference:
- Morning shift 7am – 1pm
- Afternoon shift 1pm – 7pm
Orientation / Training
All volunteers are required to attend an orientation session which is a great way to learn about the IFA, connect with other volunteers, and better understand the different roles/duties and benefits.
Orientation Session Options:
- Face to face orientation: 1 Bridgepoint Drive, Toronto ON | Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Face to face orientation: 1 Bridgepoint Drive, Toronto, ON | Thursday, February 18, 2021
- Webinar orientation: Monday, February 22, 2021
Roles / Duties
Volunteer roles and duties may include any of the following tasks:
|Information Desk/ Ambassador||
In recognition of 10 hours (2 shifts) or more of volunteer service, you will receive:
- Conference bag
- Complimentary boxed lunch, and coffee breaks on your shifts
- Complimentary attendance to a select number of sessions depending on the number of hours volunteered (subject to availability and outside of volunteer hours)
- Opportunity to expand your network and build your resume
- Volunteers should not register for the Conference in addition to registering here.
- After the registration if you are no longer be able to volunteer notice must be given in writing to Ms. Nathalia Wittingham.
- Unfortunately, the IFA is not in the position to fund travel and / or accommodation for volunteers.